5/27/2014

Red Sonja

Well, here it is my Red Sonja. Not very well painted and even worse photographed but she is finished and now it is just a matter of finding some time to play a game of CROM.

I got a great skin tone but then I ruined it when I dried brushed the metal parts of the model and tried to correct it painting flesh tone over it again. The same happened with her eyes; I painted them three or four times and each time they came out worse than the previous one!



Here you can see her with one Copplestone's barbarian that I painted time ago and who could pass for a young and savage Conan.

8 comments:

  1. That's still a great job and better than I would have done. I bet that chainmail biking chafes though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you have against bikini chainmail? It works great for fighting and swimming!
      Cheers,

      Delete
    2. I have nothing against it except for the scar tissue it leaves under it! :p

      Delete
    3. How? Have you tried yourself? ;P

      Delete
    4. You are too hard on yourself (like the rest of most of us). She's beautiful!

      Delete
    5. Thank you Jay, you're too kind. It's frustrating to envision the figure already painted and then get a different result!
      Cheers,

      Delete
    6. I'm not saying as I have tried it, made my wife try it or just thought about it ... ;)

      Actually, the scar tissue comment was originally made by Cerebus the Aardvark about Red Sophia in an early issue of the Cerebus comic.

      Delete
    7. Haha, you just thought it :)
      I see. I remember Cerebus; great comic book.
      Cheers,

      Delete